Welcome!

January 1, 2011 is the first day of a new year, and the second year I will try to attempt to post a photo every day for the next 365 days. It didn't work out so well last year. But as a New Years resolution, I have decided to try the 365 Day Photography challenge again.

August 14, 2010

226/365 My Dream Car...

Someday I will have one like this. I just found out that I got hired for a job in Niagara Falls, working for a good friend from the mission. It is a "God thing" because Thom and I have said that it feels like going home when we go to the Raz. We have been going to the mission now for the past seven years doing VBS and work weeks.

I will be working with the Native American Independent Living Services Western New York Independent Living Project, Inc. I will start September 13th.

I'm a little sad that I have to leave Michigan. I grew up in Michigan and lived here all my life. My kids are here and all our friends live here.

But with the economy the way is it, I have to go where the jobs are. A friend who went on the mission trip and her family are moving to Florida at the end of the month because they can't find jobs either.

It makes me angry that I can't find work close to home. But being in the Niagara Falls area, Thom and I will at least be with people who we think of as family.

No comments:

Post a Comment