Welcome!

January 1, 2011 is the first day of a new year, and the second year I will try to attempt to post a photo every day for the next 365 days. It didn't work out so well last year. But as a New Years resolution, I have decided to try the 365 Day Photography challenge again.

January 1, 2010

365 Day Photography Project



Today is the first day of a new year, decade and something new starting for me. As a New Year resolution, I have decided to take the 365 Day Photography challenge. For the next 365 days (hopefully) I will post one photo a day. I hope to become a better photographer due and because of this experience.


Many people become interested in photography for a number of different reasons. Some use a camera to record major events in their life, such as their marriage, the birth of a child, holidays and family gatherings. Then there are those of us who take pictures as purely a means of expressing our creativity and personal view of the world, just as an artist paints and an architect designs a beautiful building.


This was and continues to be my motive for picking up a camera for the first time some 15 years old. Since then, I have been experimenting with countless different techniques, not only as a means to adding my own personal "signature" to an image, but also because there is nothing more satisfying than trying something new and using it to create an interesting photo.


This first photo was taken on my dinner room table using different equipment from my camera bag. I love simple still-life photos using my close up setting on my digital camera. At this point I have a simple Nikon Coolpix 5600 with 5.1 megapixels. In the future I would like to buy a nicer digital camera with more megapixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment