Welcome!

January 1, 2011 is the first day of a new year, and the second year I will try to attempt to post a photo every day for the next 365 days. It didn't work out so well last year. But as a New Years resolution, I have decided to try the 365 Day Photography challenge again.

June 1, 2010

151/365 It's Not All About Me...



As we were walking through an antique store today, I came across this flag material. It made me stop for a moment and think about what this day really means. Man and woman servicing and some dying for the flag and this country. My dad was in the navy in World War I (I had old parents), and my husband serviced during Vietnam. I am humbled.

I am sad to think that sometimes we only seem to honor those who gave their all, one day a year. We should be honoring those who fought and died so we could be free every day.
So when we are out on the lake or at family gatherings or vacationing in Chicago, we should be thinking about the people who gave us the ability to do these things. On this Memorial Day let's remember those who died for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment